Humans, like plants tend to spread root wherever they stay and shifting to a new place is always a pain. Transplanting oneself and their family and possessions is always a delicate balancing act. There are so many things that have to taken care of and so many things that can go wrong. Read on to find out how you should draft a systematic plan to assist you in moving your home.
Whether you are moving to some place close or to another corner of the world, the basic ground rules still apply.
If you are moving to some place nearby and have a small budget you can carry out your home moving yourself, but if you have to move some place far and have a large number of possessions its best to hire a professional home moving service.
If you are hiring a service, check out their reputation, have your possessions insured and ask for receipts. Cross check the inventory list upon delivery.
If you are going to do your home moving yourself follow these steps:
- Create an inventory of all items large or small that you are moving, keep it as accurate as possible and make multiple copies of the completed list.
- Pack all items in cardboard or plastic containers and number or label them. Write the label numbers of the containers along side the item in the inventory list so that you know which containers contain what.
- Double check to make sure your list is complete and that you have multiple copies, it is preferable to use a computer to create the list.
- Expensive items like jewelry, watches etc. should be carried in a metal box that you can keep an eye on.
- Group and keep similar items together.
- Fragile items should be packed with proper shock absorbing materials. While loading containers with fragile materials make sure they are on top and are secured in place.
- If needed insure all items, many moving services offer insurance.
- While renting moving trucks etc. read their contract agreement carefully and clarify any doubts you might have before committing.